Anyone in England can register with a GP surgery.
You do not need proof of address or immigration status, ID or an NHS number.
You might be able to register with a GP surgery that’s not in the area you live. Find out about registering with a GP surgery out of your area
Registering with a GP
Find a GP that suits what you need. You can look up GP surgeries to see what they offer and how they compare.
Because of coronavirus, try to avoid going into a GP surgery to register.
- check the GP surgery website to see if you can register online http://NHSGP.net
- call or email the GP surgery and ask to be registered as a patient
If you need help to fill in forms or you are not able to register online, call the GP surgery and let them know.
Can a GP surgery refuse to register me?
A GP surgery can refuse to register you because:
- they are not taking any new patients
- you live outside the practice boundary and they are not accepting patients from out of their area
- you have been removed from that GP surgery register before
- it’s a long way from your home and you need extra care, for example home visits
Leave a Reply